My Account & Login

How to avoid U.S. dividend tax as I am not a resident?

Dividends paid on U.S. stocks will be subject to withholding taxes for non-residents. A finalized W8 form will allow for a reduced tax rate if a treaty exists between the United States and the holder's country of taxation; however a valid W8 only allows for a reduction in the tax rate not an elimination of the tax completely.

that dividends paid on U.S. ADR shares are generally withheld at source and will not be eligible for a reduced tax rate.

Clients should consult their tax advisor on how to claim a refund or tax credit.

Current FAQ Article Tags

Don't have an Account yet?

Open An Account
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our Privacy Policy for more information.